There are many ways to serve your church and give back some of the joy received when one attends regularly and is involved in Christian fellowship. Whether teaching Sunday School, serving occasionally as liturgist or providing flowers for the alter, each one of us has the opportunity to contribute.
Listed below are the names and descriptions of some of the jobs that help our church run smoothly. If you are looking for an opportunity to give back to the church and our Christian community, this is a good place for ideas.
- Liturgist - Read scripture during worship
- Greeter- Greet folks as they arrive at church
- Usher - Hand out bulletins and take offering
- Acolyte - 5th-8th grade students light alter candles and post cross
- Fellowship Host - Serve cookies and coffee after worship
- Sexton - Help lock/unlock the church facility
- Nursery Attendant - 7th grade and up assist our Nursery Supervisor
- Sound Technician - Work our sound board during worship
- Sunday School Teacher - Help our children learn more about God
- Leader for a Youth Group - Provide a safe, fun learning space for youth
- Choir - Sings during worship
- Handbell Choir - Play quarterly in worship
Few things say as much about a congregation as a warm smile and a friendly welcome for folks as they come to church on Sunday morning. It really is essential to who we are as a church family!
Now our Welcome Team is seeking new greeters to assist those who are already providing a hearty welcome at our worship services. If you have never considered being a greeter, now is a great time to come on board. It’s a wonderful way to meet people, and to put names with faces. There’s no need to know everyone’s name ahead of time. In fact, greeting provides a structured way to say “hello.” It’s also a great family activity, and the Welcome Team will teach you everything you need to know.
We’re now taking sign ups for new greeters. Speak to Priscilla Faria or Ruth Terry sometime in the next few weeks to be part of our new rotation. Or simply call the church office (668-3000) and say “I’d like to be a greeter!” We’ll say to you, what we hope to say to every attender on Sunday morning: “It’s great to have you with us!”